Monday, March 2, 2009

Pause.

Don't you wish that instead of rushing to get things done, time would just stop and allow you to move at your own pace, maybe not move at all.
I was watching a special on the History channel the other day about Nostradamus and his prophesies in relation to Mayan and Egyptian beliefs. I'm not going to get into it but according to this documentary there will be a cataclysmic event (galactic alignment) in 2012 that will end all life as we know it. Although I personally believe that this is bullshit, and that the History channel is a cesspool of conspiracy theories, it was interesting to watch and wonder why we continue to worry about meaningless things if we only have 4 years until we die. Why not just forget responsibility and live each day as if it were our last. Today I almost bought a airplane ticket to Dublin, I don't know why I stopped myself. In the greater scope of things $300 is nothing, and an adventure in Ireland is worth everything.
Why do we stop ourselves from following our desires?
I'm making a decision to stop controlling myself. Not worth it.

Listening to:
Au Revoir Simone- The Bird of Music
(The lead singer has a lovely voice, and the songs are melodic and soothing)

http://www.mediafire.com/?eyxzxiiyhmx


Georges de la Tour- Madonna at the Mirror

One of my favorite paintings, I love the placidity of the image. The memento mori is a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment